Stepping out into the Wild--- It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Last night I was driving home and my Explorer completely gave out. I lost complete control of the wheel and brakes. Thankfully I was able to get off the road without hitting anyone. I called AAA only to find out that my policy had expired, so I had to spend a half hour alone just trying to renew it, then another half hour trying to explain to some person, who probably was somewhere in middle America, where I was located. Then wait another hour for the tow truck to show up...only to be told that I had intrupted the guys dinner. The drive to the Dealer's was me basically listening to him talk on the phone to his girl. Once there, he told me to get in the car (while it was sitting at a 45 degree angle) and drive it off the flatbed...that's gotta be illegal somewhere. But the worst thing about that....the service guy calling me today with the damage report. It's never a good sign with they start off the conversion saying, "um, yeah, were you in a really bad accident or something." "Um, no...why?" Then the best is how they start listing all the terms you've never heard of in your life..."um, your ball-bearing crankshaft caused the glow plug to bust the steering pipe which in turn caused the lay down to over run your chassis." Of course you have to sit there and pretend you know exactly what he's saying. Well, looks like it back to bread and water for the rest of my life...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! Sorry Stovey... Where exactly were you? Give us the full rundown on the damage - that sounds unreal. Your car isn't that old, isn't all that covered in the drivetrain warranty?

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google