Stepping out into the Wild--- It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It seems that everything in life is a process. Steps that have to be taken to get to a certain point or reach a certain goal. Everything ranging from learning to walk to applying for a job requires passing certain benchmarks along the way. Regardless of what it is you are trying to get to, you always want to get there as quickly as humanly possible. Nobody likes to wait in line, sit in traffic, wait to open Christmas gifts, get put on hold, told you'll have to wait 45 mins. to get a seat. We want to be at the finish line yesterday.

During this time of searching for where the Lord wants me to be, I've learned the hard way about what patience really means. Not the kind of patience required when waiting for the traffic light to change, but rather the patience needed in managing life's challenges. The patience that forces you to fall on your knees and let the words "be still, and know that I am God" wrap around your soul and comfront you.

All throughout the Bible you read countless stories of men and woman who, against their desires, are called to wait on the Lord for years before they are used for one purpose or another. How did they get through that waiting period? I believe they did it by holding on to Isaiah 40:31...,"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." We have the promise that if we wait on the Lord, we too, will receive these blessing. That's the deep patience I feel like I'm learning and will undoubtedly continue to learn for the rest of my life.

Each morning I wake up, I've learned to simply ask the Lord to sustain me by His grace for that day as I wait on Him. It takes patience to learn patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google